This one is straightforward to explain.
It's a cracker-shaped crossword with numbers. There are 27 clues, the majority of which (19) feature doubling or halving. The answers are either 2-digit, 3-digit, 4-digit or 5-digit numbers.
The maths clues range from the easy:
- "1 more than half of 100";
to the more awkward:
- "Double, double 5 Across"... (where 5 Across is "9 more than double 350").
The download* is a two page pdf: the cross-number with clues, and answers on a second page.
This mathematical crossword is a tiny extract from our Christmas Activities eBook. The eBook features six Cracker Cross-numbers, each with a different theme:
- Halving and Doubling
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division (times tables)
- Order of Operation (BIDMAS)
- Open Ended (a completed X-number, without clues. The children have to provide their own mathematically accurate clues!)
* If you cannot see the attached file below, then you need to Login|Register.