What is the difference between 'normal' mathsticks membership and mathsticks+ membership?
Firstly, as a mathsticks+ member you have a private dashboard page which gives immediate access to more resources in multiple formats. The resources are split into Year Group categories and accessed via a tabbed menu. Also, mathsticks+ members see these additional files and materials listed in the search results, so all the files are always at your fingertips. Files and resources such as:
- additional versions of our resources;
- editable 'word' (.doc and .docx) versions of our games;
- editable 'PowerPoint' and 'Spreadsheet' files.
- additional software packages;
- free access to all of our eBooks.
The list on the right-hand side of this page indicates what is currently available.
Will mathsticks+ membership be free?
No. Thousands of people have expressed delight at the quality of mathsticks resources - we cannot continue devoting time and energy to maintain our high standards and offer everything for free (see why). mathsticks+ will therefore be available as a subscription service. This is in line with many other quality resources producers on the internet. However, we have two small differences:
- you know the quality of mathsticks maths materials is high - it will remain so!
- the subscription cost will be low!
Does this mean mathsticks will stop publishing free resources?
Certainly not. We are delighted that this website is held in such high regard throughout the teaching community - we will not be reducing the quantity or quality of our free resources - it is just that mathsticks+ members will get even more!
We currently have the following additional files available for instant download:
- Spotty Trucks EY Counting Images - 46 high quality images for you to use in presentations, IWB materials, class display or printed resources
- Place Value - Gas Meter maths activity - an editable version of this very popular resource
- Christmas Party Planning - an editable version of this independent problem solving activity
- Number Bonds Bingo - an exclusive set of these popular 'reverse bingo' cards for EY or KS1
- 20 - 25 Square Jigsaw set - an additional set of Number Square jigsaws
- Pumpkin Counting - direct access to this unique counting display
- Dinosaur Doubles - an exclusive set of Near Double Flash Cards for Key Stage 1 children and the Early Years
- Number Logic MiniBooks - a further 8 of these puzzle books
- Mental Monday's PowerPoint - an editable version of the 'Total Lines' presentation
- Eggs in the Nest - a further 3 more game boards
- Number Triples - a further 8 addition and subtraction boards
- 8 Simple Number Lines - further numberlines (including probability) and a 'zipped' collection of .png images to use in presentations, or your own task sheets
- Make 50 - 10 more original grids
- Multiples Game - two additional files to add further challenge to this resource
- Make 10 - an additional pack of ten "Make 10" sheets
- Make 20 - 10 more Number Bond grids
- Christmas 2011 eBook; £4, or free to mathstick+ members
- Problem Talk - a pack of 60 multi-step problems for Y2-Y3 children
- Problem Talk - a pack of 60 multi-step problems for Y5-Y6 children
- Calculator Activity 2 - a further version of this resource for all four functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Number Journey - editable pptx file
- Flip Flops Again - a longer, thinner, simpler version of this number bond resource for Early Years
- Hard Times - 3 further versions of this times table game
- Number Track - an advanced version of the game and a blank game-board
- 5 Digit Window Frame - 14 more special boards
- Number Scramble - 6 further boards featuring decimal numbers
- Make 15 - an additional pack of ten "Make 15" sheets
- - Plus, two sets of exlusive files:
Make 50 - a pack of ten mixed resources
Make 100 - a pack of ten mixed resources
- Desktop Number Lines - 1-100 number line set (exclusive file)
- Decimal Bingo Cards - editable (.docx) version
- Calco-Route Calculator Game - editable (.docx) version
- Collectors Bingo - 2 further sets of bingo cards: one easy, one blank
- Bonds to 10 Rocket Game & Bonds to 5 Fish Game - an exlusive set of these additional resources:
Bonds to 4 (Butterflies);
Bonds to 6 (Ladybirds);
Bonds to 7 (Footprints);
Bonds to 8 (Kites);
Bonds to 9 (Slugs).
- 26 Blank Maths Game Boards; £4 or free to mathstick+ members
- Dice Games eBook; £4 or free to mathstick+ members
- Christmas 2012 eBook; £4 or free to mathstick+ members
- Christmas 2011 eBook; £4 or free to mathstick+ members
- Christmas 2010 eBook; £4 or free to mathstick+ members
A range of additional two-step problems to support our Problem Talk resources
Rocket Digits Cards from 0 to 100
A collection of colourful, carefully graded Sudoku grids
An extended bank of Blank Game Boards
TCB-Mathematics: an 'automatic' number selector for the Total Control Bingo Game.
Remo: A visual way of 'randomly' selecting children to answer questions or take part in an activity.
Buttonalio 2: A new, improved version of our downloadable counting resource.
Lost: A children's problem-solving adventure game for your IWB or Android phone!